Now Available! A telescope for night sky viewing
The New Hampshire Astronomical Society, and particularly its Educational Outreach Committee, started placing telescopes and educational materials in selected libraries in New Hampshire beginning in December 2008. Our goal: To help foster scientific literacy, stimulate an interest in astronomy, and provide people who have never looked through a telescope the chance to experience the excitement that comes from discovery.
Hampstead Public Library has received our telescope and wants to share with you! Contact us about checking this out. See below for the information on important details.
Telescope Borrowing Policy and User Agreement
1. The telescope may be checked out by a Hampstead Public Library patron who is 18 years of age or older and in good standing. The patron must sign out a Telescope Borrowing Agreement each time the telescope is checked out.
2. The telescope will circulate for one week and may not be renewed.
3. When the telescope is returned to the library, it should be given to the staff member at the front desk.
4. The overdue fine for the telescope is $5.00 per day with a maximum fine of $100.
5. The borrower is responsible for reading the instruction manual for proper care and use.
6. If the telescope is lost or damaged, the borrower is responsible for a fee of up to $300.00 to replace the device.
7. The borrower is also responsible for the instruction manual, Starry Night software and Sky Theater DVD, Constellation Pocket Guide, and headlamp as well as the pouch in which these items are stored. If any of these items are damaged or lost, the borrower must pay the replacement fee as deemed appropriate by the library director.
8. The Hampstead Public Library will not be held liable for any injuries incurred as a result of telescope use.
I, ______________________________________, understand and agree to abide by the Hampstead Public Library Telescope Borrowing Policy as stated above.
Name ____________________________ Patron Number_________________
Address __________________________ Phone Number__________________
Approved by the Board of Trustees 9/19/12